Introduction - Node.js
Here is a A to Z list of node modules that will extend the capability of your node.js application.
Browserify : Browserify will recursively analyze all the require() calls in your app in order to build a bundle you can serve up to the browser in a single
- Bower : Bower is a package manager for the web. It works by fetching and installing packages from all over, taking care of hunting, finding, downloading, and saving the stuff you’re looking for.
Backbone : Backbone.js gives structure to web applications by providing models with key-value binding and custom events, collections with a rich API of enumerable functions, views with declarative event handling, and connects it all to your existing API over a RESTful JSON interface.
- Csv : csv module has four sub modules which provides CSV generation, parsing, transformation and serialization for Node.js.
- Debug : Debug is a tiny node.js debugging utility modelled after node core’s debugging technique.
Express : Express is a fast, un-opinionated, minimalist web framework. It provides small, robust tooling for HTTP servers, making it a great solution for single page applications, web sites, hybrids, or public HTTP APIs.
Forever : A simple CLI tool for ensuring that a given node script runs continuously (i.e. forever).
Gulp : is a streaming build system that helps you automate painful or time-consuming tasks in your development workflow.
- Hapi : is a streaming build system that helps you automate painful or time-consuming tasks in your development workflow.
Http-server : is a simple, zero-configuration command-line http server. It is powerful enough for production usage, but it’s simple and hackable enough to be used for testing, local development, and learning.
Inquirer : A collection of common interactive command line user interfaces.
Koa : Koa is web app framework. It is an expressive HTTP middleware for node.js to make web applications and APIs more enjoyable to write.
- L :
Less : The less library exported as a node module.
- Mongoose : It is a MongoDB object modeling tool designed to work in an asynchronous environment.
MongoDB : The official MongoDB driver for Node.js. It provides a high-level API on top of mongodb-core that is meant for end users.
- Nodemon : It is a simple monitor script for use during development of a node.js app, It will watch the files in the directory in which nodemon was started, and if any files change, nodemon will automatically restart your node application.
Nodemailer : This module enables e-mail sending from a Node.js applications.
Optimist : is a node.js library for option parsing with an argv hash.
Phantomjs : An NPM installer for PhantomJS, headless webkit with JS API. It has fast and native support for various web standards: DOM handling, CSS selector, JSON, Canvas, and SVG.
Passport : A simple, unobtrusive authentication middleware for Node.js. Passport uses the strategies to authenticate requests. Strategies can range from verifying username and password credentials or authentication using OAuth or OpenID.
Q : Q is a library for promises. A promise is an object that represents the return value or the thrown exception that the function may eventually provide.
Request : Request : Request is Simplified HTTP request client make it possible to make http calls. It supports HTTPS and follows redirects by default.
- Socket.io : Its a node.js realtime framework server.
Sails : Sails : API-driven framework for building realtime apps, using MVC conventions (based on Express and Socket.io)
Through : Its enables simplified stream construction. It is easy way to create a stream that is both readable and writable.
Validator : A nodejs module for a library of string validators and sanitizers.
- Winston : A multi-transport async logging library for Node.js
Ws : A simple to use, blazing fast and thoroughly tested websocket client, server and console for node.js
Yo : A CLI tool for running Yeoman generators
- Zmq : Bindings for node.js and io.js to ZeroMQ .It is a high-performance asynchronous messaging library, aimed at use in distributed or concurrent applications.
Or Become a Codementor!
Codementor is your live 1:1 expert mentor helping you in real time.