Learn to Code
CodementorXHow it WorksBecome a Codementor
I focus on, and solve, the hardest problems I can find on Code Mentor. I can code, debug, deploy & manage just about any tech stack; especially Linux, AWS & Meteor.
For every 15 minutes
I put out cyber fires for fun, enjoy fine Italian suits and craft fantastic classic cocktails. Polyphasic sleeper serving all timezones!
Writer of content management systems, re-usable apps & member of Mensa. Human languages for fun, programming languages for breakfast. I left Detroit in the dotCom era to live in the woods, wear camo every day and kill my own food when I need to and with much respect.
I solve my own problems (and those of that ISP/Software providers can't or won't) with grace and efficiency. I'll be happy to solve yours!
My three most valuable skills:
* Problem solving
* Anticipation (of variables and user expectations)
* Machine logic
These skills, when applied to any challenge, design or technology stack, produce efficient and reliable results.
What I enjoy most about Code Mentor:
Utilizing my unique skill set to solve a diverse set of challenging critical issues for people in a bind. My most satisfying sessions solve very difficult and unique situations for those who have already exhausted their available human resources. I also really enjoy students who gain enlightenment from the deep insights that I can provide during our sessions.
* No, I will not fly anywhere.
* Yes, we have roads & electricity here, you should visit. :)
* No, I am not a robot. But my bots might be one day.
** POLICIES **
* I do not charge if I fail to make satisfactory progress on your issue
* I do not generally charge for the "show & tell" phase of our session
* If your request rate is higher than my standard rate & I have experience in your issue, our session rate will match your request rate
* I try to make a record of all changes and be able to revert them quickly, but it is your responsibility to archive responsibly
* CodeMentor has changed my life in very positive ways and I strictly adhere to their billing policy. All offline work must be paid for through CM at standard or agreed upon rates.
* Time management is *not* my specialty. If you need your thing done, it's best to do it live in real-time. ;)
** SUPPORT TIERS **
Level 0: $30/15
- My weak areas / Voodoo+ / Students / First 100 Clients
- Easy JS stuff
- Standard Rate
Level I: $40/15
- Standard rate when I have backlog
Level II: $60/15
- High pressure environments / General Wizardry +
- Advanced AWS (recovery, security, etc)
- Docker / Elastic Beanstalk image building & deployment
- Distaster recovery
- High-level security
- Pre-scheduled hours outside 12:00 - 21:00 EST
- Advanced design (animation, meteor, 3D, crazy toolkit requirements, WP)
Level III: $75/15
- Extreme pressure / Heavy Wizardry / Deep Magic +
- Emergency response for mission-critical systems
- Dedicated support through to resolution
- Level II + Pre-scheduled hours outside 12:00 - 21:00 EST
- Jump to top of queue!
* 20160707 - My first session!
* 20160817 - My 100th session! Michael L. receives his next session free!
* 20160824 - Michael L. claimed his free one hour session!
* 20161125 - My 200th session! Avi receives his next session free!
* 20161215 - Avi claimed his free hour!
Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Amazon web services
- 21 years experience
I find delivering advanced technology coupled with automation to people of all skill levels to be extremely satisfying.
AWSScalabilityScalingHerokuDigitaloceanDigital oceanModulusAzureGoogle cloud platformAmazon web servicesLinuxBsdRhelAmazon linuxCentosCloudlinuxProxyProxyserverReverse proxyLoadbalancingLoad balancingResource optimizationDeploymentDeployment of code with gitDeployDeployment automationLoggingLog file analysisAuthenticationHaproxy
Amazon web services
- 3 years experience
Over the past year I have grown to believe in Amazon and the AWS platform so thoroughly it is hard to even express. It is doubtful I will ever use any other service provider for /anything/ Internet related! http://iDoAWS.com http://twitter.com/iDoAWS (new)
Aws swfAws cloudfrontAws datapipelinesAws dynamodbAws redshiftAws vpcAws herokuAWSAws ec2Aws s3Aws rdsAws lambdaAws opsworksAws database structureAws policiesAws sdkAws wordpressAmazon web servicesAmazon ec2Amazon s3Amazon cloudfrontAmazon rdsAmazon iamAmazon sqsAmazon awsAmazonAmazon ebsAmazon snsAmazon vpcAmazon elbAmazon emrAmazon redshiftAmazon elastic beanstalkAmazon sesAmazon lambdaAmazon linuxAmazon web services aws Aws sesAws snsAws iotDockerAmiMachine imageAmazon machine imageAws machine imageAws amiAmazon ami
- 22 years experience
I have been administrating servers since before the Internet came to the US public or I could vote.
UbuntuLinuxRhelAmazon linuxCloud linuxDebianCentosOpenbsdNetbsdLfsVarnish vclMandrivaFedoraParseBackendlessParsingApiApisRestRest apiRESTfulRestful architectureRestful apiVarnishMemcachedMemcacheMemcached phpMemcached configUserminWebminVirtualminProxyProxyserverReverse proxyMod proxySslSsl certificateSshSsh keysSsl securitySslerrorPassengerPumaUnicornNginxApacheApacheconfApache2Apache web serverCpanelWhmNginx 1.6Nginx modulesHttp2HttpdHttpd.confSpdyPhusion passengerHttpHttp cachingCachingCacheCache server pagesDirectadmin
- 3 years experience
Coding with Meteor makes me giggle with glee. I can do it with my eyes closed and I love every minute.. except for the ones waiting for meteor-tool to do whatever it's always doing. A problem I can solve, btw. :) http://meteorserver.idoaws.com - AWS AMI https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B01KVETP5A http://twitter.com/iDoMeteor http://youtube.com/c/iDoMeteor http://tuple.idometeor.com (game based on Set)
- 16 years experience
I have been writing x-browser compliant JS that worked on mobile devices since before jQuery was even thought of.
- 3 years experience
I use Mongo extensively with Meteor, and highly recommend *not* using an external DB host!
- 26 years experience
Security minded in everything I do, circa 1990. Pirated more software than you've ever heard of before Internet killed the BBS stars. Took out more underground pornographers than you can shake your Internet cane at. 18 years ago I evolved ethically and traded my gray hat for a white one. Prevention, detection and mitigation has replaced the rebellious angst and boredom which led to my more vigilante-style activities. In my life long career as a rock star cyber guru, none of my clients, local or remote, have ever had any security related incidents or misappropriation of intellectual property or trade secrets. I can provide real-world references which include high-profile criminal attorneys and clients in medical, financial and innovation industries.
Point of sale
- 25 years experience
I began working with point-of-sale systems as a teenager, fixing video store computer networks for video games. It quickly evolved to connecting multiple locations using RAS/DUN in Windows 95 Beta! I have fixed everything from fancy new-age mostly-working mobile POS systems to ancient things w/monochrome monitors & cryptic manuals missing important pages. I also build complete hardware & software solutions from the ground up for local businesses.
- 12 years experience
Please don't make me Wordpress! However, if you are stuck and/or on fire, I can surely help.
Could've been better
VIEW MORE REVIEWS
Excellent - quick and easy
Feb 24, 2017
Concise, knowledgeable and taught me a bunch about dev ops and AWS..
Dec 9, 2016
Jason was incredibly helpful in point me in the right direction and demystified aws for me.
Dec 9, 2016
Quickly assessed what was going on and helped with command line work to get processes (database server) running that were not.
Dec 4, 2016
Just finished with another extremely productive session. This time we did the Dev Ops on our Ecommerce web site that is built on Meteor and we use Amazon Web Services to host it. Saved me a lot of money because of his experience, got done in a few hours what would have taken a month. Till next time! Jeremiah Miller CTO Noble Appliance
Oct 30, 2016
Whoah! Thank you.
Oct 27, 2016
Oct 27, 2016
Really helped my understanding of DynamoDB, Lambda and Sinon. Walked me through a couple items and gave me the tools to continue forward -- teach a man to fish (:
Oct 25, 2016
I was nervous at first paying whatever I paid for the help. But he's a genius. Helped me out immediately. Can't say enough good things.
Oct 22, 2016
Help me again with CloudFront and S3
Oct 21, 2016