- Create a REST API for the SQL Server database
- Convert Public Area to access data from REST API instead of Mongo DB
- Convert Member Private Area forms to save to data to REST API instead of Mongo DB
- Convert Admin Private Area forms to save to data to REST API instead of Mongo DB
- Eliminate corresponding Mongo DB collections
Client is a startup with web application that focuses to help cities and towns improve their social and economic vitality.
Clients'software deploys community websites that allows registered Users to submit their own content. From there, the content will go into a moderation queue to be approved by a “Curator” before showing up live on the site.
Alongside the public-facing web pages is a User Dashboard where each User can manage their submitted content and change their preferences.
Users are allowed to follow one Primary Community and numerous Secondary Communities. Content from each followed community is displayed into a single feed so the sser can enjoy seeing news and events from every community s/he is interested in.
Currently the MVP was built using the Meteor framework and React for front-end.
Other tools used:
● Galaxy Hosting
● Elastic Search
● Cloudinary - for image and video CDN
● MapBox - for mapping
Scope of work:
- Main priority is when there are server issues affecting mobile users, dev will need to troubleshoot
- Handle deployments to app environments on AWS using mup
- Be available on-call during the daytime to handle server outages or adjustments (US based)
- Build meteor application features
- Code review and code quality
- Participation in regular scrum calls twice a week (9PM PST bi weekly call with Dev team in India)
CodementorX is an exclusive network where world-class Meteor developers can be hired for contractor positions or large freelance projects
We carefully screen our clients from all over the world, so you can rest assured that you're working with the best.
Work on Meteor jobs that interest you and make an impact. We have exciting projects from a variety of industries.
We handle all the logistics, including paperwork and invoicing, so you can focus on what you do best.
Our vetted Meteor developers include book authors, popular open source contributors, top Stack Overflow users, and engineers at top tech companies.