- Find a mentor
- Web Programming
- Mobile App Programming
- Programming Languages
- Data Science /Engineering
- Database /Operations
- Find a freelancer
High-performance developer, CUDA ninja
Sessions / Jobs
For every 15 minutes
10 years developing commercial and academic scientific simulations. PhD in Physics. Expert in GPU programming and optimization. C/C++, Python (incl. scipy), Fortran, OpenMP, OpenACC, CUDA
- 10 years experience
10 years professionally
- 10 years experience
10 years professionally. 15 years before that as a hobby.
- 6 years experience
6 years doing high performance applications at NVIDIA. CUDA C, CUDA Fortran, OpenACC
Could've been better
Levi has deep expertise in Cuda engineering. I would highly recommend Levi for Cuda related questions. We met for 30+ minutes. I took 3 pages of Notes. Levi explained to me about: * thread warps vs thread blocks * when __syncThreads are used * volatile tag + memory barriers * memory coalescing (why threads read memory in "gridSize increments") * cuda profiling issues (nvvp, visual profiler), occupancy * dynamic parallelism + existing tools (cub + thrust) Basically, if you find yourself reading sections of the "Cuda C Programming" 3+ times and still not understanding it, just hire Levi -- he'll clarify all your questions. Lastly, Levi's humbly also very clear about issues he doesn't consider himself an expert in. I threw 2-weeks worth of stored up Cuda questions at Levi. Levi answered 98% of them in authortative detail, and was upfront in stating that the other 2% was out of his domain of expertise.
Jun 2, 2017
Levi has a wide range of knowledge. We were able to break down my problems into easily digestible chunks and solve from there.
May 10, 2017
LeviBarns has been immensely helpful and I'd be more than happy to recommend to anyone on working with him.
Mar 28, 2017
Levi was so incredibly helpful. Really knows his stuff, and good at explaining. I will surely reach out to him again for further help.
Oct 24, 2016
LeviBarnes was very knowledgeable and helpful!
Oct 4, 2016
Levi is THE ONE when it comes to CUDA. Could not wish for a better mentor on the subject.
Sep 9, 2016