How to build a successful mobile app for internal business communication
You want to improve enterprise communication within your enteprise? Build a strong team cohesion? Build effective cooperation between all departments? One way to make it is to develop a mobile app. With it, a company will be able to solve many tasks and challenges.
Goals of mobile apps for internal business communication:
1. Improve cooperation between departments within the entire organization
2. Increase employee productivity
3. Increase awareness of all employees about company news, events
4. Provide both employees and top managers with access to up-to-date information
5. Engage employees by offering them interesting useful content
6. Automate the process of data exchange between different levels of a company
7. Gather employees’ opinions related to important issues
As you see, there are many objectives you can achieve with the help of custom mobile app development for business communication. Generally they are rather simple and don’t require large functionality and the integration of too complex functions.
So, how to build a successful app? What features should be implemented? How to define right technologies and tools? Finally, how to choose a mobile app development company able to meet all requirements and make a really great product?
1. Push notifications
2. Video calls, emails
3. News feed
4. Post sharing & commenting
5. Surveys / polls
6. Mobile reporting
The result of the implementation of a tool with such features will be as following: increased workers’ productivity, raised awareness about industry and company-related issues, increased team cohesion and departments’ cooperation.
Several tips for building an effective mobile app:
1. Make you mobile app easy-to-use, practical, and user-friendly. Today simplicity is of high importance: users don’t like reading long tutorials. So, make your mobile solution as intuitive in usage as possible.
2. Consider two options: crossplatform and native app development. Native products are about quality and two teams for the dev process. Crossplatform is about one code for both operating systems and saving money. Nevertheless, if you need a good working solution available on several platforms, crossplatform app development will be a better solution. In case you doubt, consult an IT vendor.
3. Assign issues – preparation of a technical specification, choice of technologies, work scope, etc. to a mobile app development company. Listen to their recommendations. Make sure the dev team understands project tasks and goals.