Top Ruby on Rails Mentor of January - October, 2017 (10 months in a row!) at Codementor | Experienced (8+ years) and friendly Ruby on Rails Developer/Mentor (with passion for helping others learn) | 880+ Sessions
I am the Top Ruby on Rails Mentor of January, February, March, April, May, June, July and August 2016 (8 months in a row) and January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September & October 2017 (again 10 months in a row!) at Codementor with 880+ sessions. [https://www.codementor.io/ruby-on-rails-experts]
I am a Software Engineer from Toronto, currently working as a Ruby on Rails Developer at theScore Inc. I am passionate about helping people, especially who are new to the web development and the programming world. I am specialized in explaining core concepts of Ruby and Rails along with the best practices. I focus on the learning experience of my students and make sure they get exactly what they want. I have excellent academic track records (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Masters in Computer Engineering from the University of Toronto) along with strong development and industry experience in Software Development and Web Development (8+ years).
I can help with debugging your issues as well as refactoring your code according to the best practices and conventions out there. Helping people is my passion and motto of life. If you think I can help you in any way, please get in touch!
* Building backend APIs in Ruby on Rails (Active Model Serializer, Grape, Jbuilder, RABL etc.) for mobile applications. (For more than 12 million users).
* Built Push Notification System for theScore app. (For more than 12 million users).
* Implemented instant player, team and news article search for the theScore and theScore eSports apps which have more than 12 million monthly active users using ElasticSearch and Rails.
* Backend Ruby on Rails Development (With scaling, optimising, caching best practices).
* Test Driven Development with clean code and best practices.
* Web Scraping (Nokogiri, Mechanize) (Scrape data from anywhere on the internet!).
* Explain concepts/solutions clearly and concisely according to the level of the client/student.
* Giving architecture advice for your application. Explain which tools/gems to use and why.
* Suggesting best practices and focusing on the best learning experience and long-term achievements.
* Showing cool tips and tricks that I have learned over the past few years (and still learning!) as a professional Ruby on Rails developer to be more productive and efficient at work.
* I can help you to prepare for interviews for Ruby on Rails developer position.